Don’t worry, don’t fear, the ten ways to date during the COVID-19 social distancing mandates is here! Whew, that’s a mouthful!
So yes, Singles, you don’t have to put finding love on hold for 3-6 months.
And couples, you don’t have to put finding love [again] on hold either.
You can still date, just now, it’s a little more creative and with intention.
So what is dating? Glad you asked. It’s about gathering data…likes, dislikes, must haves and deal-breakers. Now married couples, hopefully those last two were taken care of before the “I do”…if not…yeah, I have nothing…counseling maybe?
So yes, dating! I use to have a sad outlook on this tiresome and somewhat draining phenomenon of my single girl’s life. But my approach was off. I use to go on dates with a mental checklist of, can this be future bae? Now while I still feel that some resemblance of a “list” should be in mind, I also feel it should be a bit more organic. Suppress the butterflies and trust your gut. When you know, you know. It won’t be forced or manipulated into being what it’s not.
But oh those distractions…the noise. The, oh you so fine….
“You so crazySalt-N-Pepa
I think I wanna have your baby
Whatta man, whatta man, whatta man
What a mighty good man
Yes, he is…”
Okay so maybe, not all that but you get the picture. Now that brings me to the topic at hand. The very thing that COVID has done for us. Removed the noise, ya’ll. We’re being forced to get to know each other in a way we never had to before. That being said, this does have the propensity to make or break you…so let’s just hope it’s not the latter.
Now onto what you’ve all been waiting for…The List…the 10 ways to still date in this era of COVID-19.
- Get fancy and have a virtual dinner date via Zoom.
- Watch Netflix together…from your own couch.
- A Night at the Virtual Museum….virtual tours are being offered by museums worldwide. Check it out!
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt…find ideas for your scavenger hunt online or make up your own.
- Host a virtual game night…invite some friends and get competitive!
- Virtual Workout…there are so many trainers streaming workouts online…or simply find one on YouTube.
- Virtual “Walk in the Park”
- Read a book together and discuss
- Get a front-row seat to one of the hundreds of artists performing worldwide that you can stream from home.
- Have a 90’s music “jam session”…sing together, laugh together, simply reminisce and allow some of your favorite jams to…
Take me to another placeArrested Development
Take me to another land
Make me forget all that hurts me
Let me understand your plan
Hope this helps…Happy COVID-19 Dating!
Loving. Living. Growing.
~ Forever Trina